Showing results 1 to 25 of 102
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Richard Evans
Forum: Cat anecdotes November 22nd 09, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes,rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 48
Posted By Richard Evans
RIP My old friend

"Matthew" wrote:

The vet and the staff were very pleasant and compassionate. The
gentleman vet put his hand on my back and told me I was a very lucky man...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 5th 09, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Richard Evans
Human meat for cats?

Stan Brown wrote:

On vet's advice I've changed Milo to an all-can diet. But I wonder
about giving him some real meat as a treat, because the canned food
isn't...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 15th 09, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 63
Posted By Richard Evans
is a "painless end" possible?

Eddy wrote:

Your reference to your vet shaving your dog's paw a little, is the first
confirmation I have had that some vets do this when putting an animal...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 2nd 09, 04:21 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Richard Evans
New cat or not?

dgk wrote:

The introduction can be tricky though. Tons of information on internet
on how to do it right.

Not really tricky. I did rescue work for years and fostered well...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 30th 09, 02:07 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Richard Evans
Diabetic cat and insulin

Richard Evans wrote:

Ripley, our grand old man, is 17 and has been diabetic for a number of
years. He's on Glargine insulin, 1.5 units in the morning and another
1.5 at...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour June 24th 09, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By Richard Evans
Diabetic cat and insulin

Ripley, our grand old man, is 17 and has been diabetic for a number of
years. He's on Glargine insulin, 1.5 units in the morning and another
1.5 at night. He's been stable for quite some time. The...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 8th 09, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Richard Evans
Cat Cleans FOX! SoooCute!!!

"Cheryl" wrote:

Any cat behaviorists here with an authoritative answer?

Not a behaviorist but I agree with you. That kind of frenzied grooming by
the cat...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 7th 09, 11:08 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Richard Evans
Cat Cleans FOX! SoooCute!!!

LauraM wrote:

On Apr 7, 1:46*pm, Richard Evans wrote:
"cybercat" wrote:

"LauraM" wrote in...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 7th 09, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Richard Evans
Cat Cleans FOX! SoooCute!!!

"cybercat" wrote:

"LauraM" wrote in message
On Apr 7, 8:48 am, Richard...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour April 7th 09, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By Richard Evans
Cat Cleans FOX! SoooCute!!!

Geni wrote:

Hi, I found this clip of a cat licking and grooming a fox, nature at
her best, one of the cutist things ever!

Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 30th 09, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 26
Posted By Richard Evans
Cutest Cat Name?

A friend had a particularly mischievous kitten that she named PITA,
which was an acronym for Pain In The Ass.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 28th 09, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By Richard Evans
Very shy cat...I need help

"Rene S." wrote:

*It was thought that the two
girls would become friends an keep each other company....but since I
got the new cat in late December she has been...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 17th 09, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By Richard Evans
What kind of kitty is this?

(Claude V. Lucas) wrote:

In article ,
World Class Pins wrote:
Is this a special sort of...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 27th 08, 07:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Richard Evans
10 month old siamese wont eat

peter wrote:

Hi,

we went to met a siamese kit yesterday and we were a bit concerned when
we saw her. she was cowering in a cat carrieran d upon picking her up
we noticed...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 7th 08, 10:08 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By Richard Evans
How to keep cats safe with fireplace??

outsider wrote:

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote in

loor a respectable distance (like 7 feet) away.

I doubt if either cat would get too...
Forum: Cats - misc November 26th 08, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Richard Evans
ShamWow

It's a chamois-like sheet hyped in TV advertisements. It supposedly
has incredible absorption capability. They spill soda on a piece of
carpet and then show how a ShamWow applied to the top surface...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 25th 08, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 8
Posted By Richard Evans
Eilish Could Not Be Saved

Jannie wrote:

I lost my precious Eilish this morning.

I am so sorry. It's especially hard when relatively young friends go
with little warning.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 23rd 08, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By Richard Evans
Opinions on litter?

"Janet" wrote:

Richard Evans wrote:

Yes, I misstated the problem, (I didn't get much sleep last night.)
but the answer is still right. Check your math. What's 14...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 23rd 08, 10:05 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By Richard Evans
Opinions on litter?

"cybercat" wrote:

"Richard Evans" wrote in message
"cybercat" ...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 23rd 08, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By Richard Evans
Opinions on litter?

"cybercat" wrote:

"Richard Evans" wrote in message

Also,...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 23rd 08, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By Richard Evans
Opinions on litter?

wrote:

Also, has anybody used BJ's 'house brand' Berkley & Jensen? I think
they have a scoopable (clumping) litter, IIRC. Anybody?

I've used Fresh Step, Scoop Away, and BJ's...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 23rd 08, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By Richard Evans
Opinions on litter?

"Janet" wrote:

Anyone know of a bargain litter that really works well?

Where do you buy your Fresh Step?

I get Fresh Step at BJ's for something like $14 for a 40#...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour November 21st 08, 09:42 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 13
Posted By Richard Evans
What 'nicknames' do you give your "cats"?

Ripley = Fipples

Mr. Sanders = Sandy Poo, or, more often, Butt Head.

Moe = Moo

Motley = Moon Face

Rascal = Wascally Wabbit
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 2nd 08, 06:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 12
Posted By Richard Evans
Hot Cats

"CatNipped" wrote:

Cats evolved in the desert, so they are probably more able to cope with the
heat than you are. If you don't have A/C, they have should have...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 1st 08, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Richard Evans
Euthanasia - not sure what to do.

honeybunch wrote:

Phil is always wise in his responses. Your vet doesnt seem to have
done all the correct things. In addition you might think about how
you would go...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 102