A cat forum. CatBanter

Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.41 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: jmcquown[_2_]
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 31st 19, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 1
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Nice Play Session with Buffy

I furminated her highness and after that she felt very playful. I got
the fishing wand toy out of the hall closet. I had told her to "stay"
in the living room but saw her peeping around the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 31st 19, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
A display of tinyness

On 8/28/2019 11:25 AM, Helen Wheels wrote:
On 27/08/2019 10:03 PM, Dan Mahoney wrote:
A little over a week ago I was informed by Nancy that we need another
cat. When I questioned the wisdom...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 31st 19, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
A display of tinyness

On 8/27/2019 10:03 AM, Dan Mahoney wrote:
A little over a week ago I was informed by Nancy that we need another cat. When I questioned the wisdom of adding another, her reply was "Or we could get...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 25th 19, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
the latest on Floki

On 8/25/2019 10:28 AM, Helen Wheels wrote:
Floki's latest trick is climbing up the kitchen cabinets using the
drawer handles as a ladder. He doesn't get up on the countertops
thankfully, but...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 2nd 19, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
New York just banned cat declawing. It's the first state tooutlaw the procedure

On 7/25/2019 8:20 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , Auric Hellman
wrote:

Wonderful news!!

Forum: Cat anecdotes July 29th 19, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Buffy found a new place to sit

On 7/28/2019 11:47 PM, Bill Nak wrote:
What a great pic, Jill!

Thanks! I was surprised it came out so well since I couldn't even tell
if she was in the frame, much less in focus. Got lucky!...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 29th 19, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Buffy found a new place to sit

She climbed up on the back of my desk chair while I was sitting in it.
I grabbed the camera and voila!

https://i.postimg.cc/wjSLbXMk/buffyperch.jpg

I guess this is what it would look like if cats...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 27th 19, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Ravenous kitties

On 7/26/2019 9:25 AM, Dan Mahoney wrote:
Persia *yowled* at the mere sight of a cat out the window. Or on *her*
private patio. How dare you! She literally crashed through a screen
door to...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 23rd 19, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Now that Helen and Dan have come back...

On 7/23/2019 2:54 PM, Dan Mahoney wrote:
On Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 5:02:30 PM UTC-5, ann wrote:
We have an air conditioner in our bedroom. Some times Lucy Lu will come
in as we have a cat...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 23rd 19, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Ravenous kitties

On 7/23/2019 3:03 PM, Dan Mahoney wrote:
We feed our kitties both dry food and wet food. We leave dry food down so they can graze (but have to put it in a puzzle bowl to keep Ranger from scarfing...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 23rd 19, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
A bit about Trixie

On 7/21/2019 2:54 AM, Helen Wheels wrote:
Trixie, my older cat, is slowly getting used to sharing her house with a
younger cat. She was six years old when I adopted her from the local
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 23rd 19, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
A slight Ooops

On 7/20/2019 8:32 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown
wrote:
On 7/19/2019 2:45 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 23rd 19, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Fun With Buffy

On 7/20/2019 8:28 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
I always know when she wants to play because she starts...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 20th 19, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Fun With Buffy

I always know when she wants to play because she starts batting golf
balls around. I sometimes rue the day I ever gave her a golf ball to
play with.

There are cat toys all over my living room. A...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 19th 19, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
A slight Ooops

On 7/19/2019 2:45 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
jmcquown wrote:
I have been doing some house cleaning today. Got out the...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 19th 19, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Anyone hear from Joy?

On 7/18/2019 7:15 PM, Tina wrote:
On 23/05/2019 16:03, jmcquown wrote:
I haven't seen a post from her in quite a while and am hoping she went
to the Facebook group instead.

Jill

Forum: Cat anecdotes July 18th 19, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Now that Helen and Dan have come back...

everyone has left the newsgroup? I could keep constantly talking about
Buffy but I sure don't like feeling like I'm talking to myself.

Anyone got any anecdotes to share? Cats haven't stopped...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 10th 19, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
A slight Ooops

I have been doing some house cleaning today. Got out the big sucky
monster, which of course Buffy hates. She ran and hid.

I picked up her little cushy pyramid bed and took out out front. To...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 30th 19, 03:20 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 2
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Floki is getting very grabby

On 6/30/2019 9:24 AM, Helen Wheels wrote:
Floki the kitten's going through a grabby stage now. Whatever I've got
in my hand, he wants it and grabs it with his little paw if he can.

I want...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 29th 19, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Black water animal?

On 6/29/2019 12:21 PM, Bill Stock wrote:
Sorry, for being away so long, but I've been in the bush. OK, not really, but the creek trail is as close as I get.

Anyway, I was walking over on of...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 26th 19, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 5
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Lynxie and Annie

On 6/26/2019 11:59 AM, wrote:
When I got Lynxie in 2002, this newsgroup was a source of support for me as a new cat owner. I posted and shared his photos and stories.

As...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 26th 19, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Sudden Improvement in Relationship

On 6/26/2019 11:43 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
Cheryl wrote:
I have mentioned before about the trials and tribulations of...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 26th 19, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Sudden Improvement in Relationship

On 6/25/2019 7:34 AM, Cheryl wrote:
I have mentioned before about the trials and tribulations of introducing
Kerry to the resident ruler of the apartment, Cinnamon. I brought Kerry
home in...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 21st 19, 10:17 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 3
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Buffy and the Steps (pics)

On 6/20/2019 8:37 AM, Dan Mahoney wrote:
She is so beautiful!

I agree! :)

Jill
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 15th 19, 09:07 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 16
Posted By jmcquown[_2_]
Forgot to post about Buffy's Anniversary

On 6/15/2019 3:04 PM, cshenk wrote:
Bill Nak wrote:

YW Jill!

Pi and Eddy's ages are just estimates from the rescue.

I remember Buffy's story from when you got her. I was very...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500

Forum Jump