Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.37 seconds.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 5th 07, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
pimobendan for cat with DCM ??

Hi Phil,

THis vet is at my local referral clinic. He runs/interprets the
echocardiograms, so I assume he's a cardiologist. He said he was very
surprised that it was DCM, not HCM. As for Omar --- he...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour February 4th 07, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
pimobendan for cat with DCM ??

Hi --- I have a 3-year-old Maine Coon mix, Omar, who has recently been
diagnosed with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy. His diet has never
been deficient in taurine fortified food, so the vets are...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 10th 07, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
3-year-old cat w/ dilated cardiomyopathy

Rhonda,

I'll try the tuna juice idea. The only thing is that it probably
contains a lot of sodium, which is bad for cats with heart disease.
Still I know it's much worse for him to not eat and not...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 10th 07, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
3-year-old cat w/ dilated cardiomyopathy

HI Lynne,

I'm not actually putting the taurine in canned tuna. My local
compounding pharmacy uses a tuna solution for all the cat meds and
supplements, just so it's more palatable to them. In this...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 9th 07, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
3-year-old cat w/ dilated cardiomyopathy

Hi Rene,

I'll ask the homeopathic vet about Rutin, but for now I'm just sticking
with the traditional meds and taurine. Maybe I'll gradually add some
supplements if Omar gets his appetite back.

I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 9th 07, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
3-year-old cat w/ dilated cardiomyopathy

So sorry to hear about your Maxx. We're never ready to lose them, but
the thing that's killing me is that Omar is so young. I once had a cat
die of kidney failure at age 10. I felt so cheated because...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 9th 07, 02:35 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
3-year-old cat w/ dilated cardiomyopathy

Lynne,

He had been gaining weight over the last few months. Now I wonder if it
was fluid retention. Since all this has happened, he lost several
pounds, but still doesn't look too svelte:-) I'm...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 9th 07, 02:20 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
3-year-old cat w/ dilated cardiomyopathy

Thanks so much for all the info. I actually have a little gadget for
pilling a cat, though it may be different than the one you describe.
The problem is Omar acts like he's swallowed the pill, then I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour January 8th 07, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
3-year-old cat w/ dilated cardiomyopathy

A month ago, my 3 year old cat Omar suddenly opened his mouth and
seemed to gasp for air. He's a big cat (20 lbs and looks like a Maine
Coon mix) so he often seemed a bit winded when he exerted...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9