Showing results 1 to 22 of 22
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter W.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 5th 18, 12:45 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter W.
my cat refuses most of the food; lost weight

As long as he maintains a steady weight, and is responsive, go with it. I am sure you are aware how well animals mask pain, and if this decline has been gradual, you might miss this. Make this his...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour March 4th 18, 03:24 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter W.
my cat refuses most of the food; lost weight

a) Tooth loss: Painful in and of itself. Chewing anything will be an agony. You can do nothing about it at this point.
b) Severe weight-loss (Catabolisim): Nerve pain, tremors, muscle pain. Short of...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 31st 17, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Peter W.
Beware of cat on window air-conditioners

On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 1:42:19 AM UTC-5, John Doe wrote:

its typical mindless drivel. And after a complaint about nothing.

It takes less than ten (10) minutes per unit. We have...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 30th 17, 01:44 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Peter W.
Beware of cat on window air-conditioners

On Friday, December 29, 2017 at 7:37:50 PM UTC-5, John Doe wrote:
But seriously. Putting a cover on them is a common practice.
That would make much more sense than uninstalling the window air
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 29th 17, 10:09 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By Peter W.
Beware of cat on window air-conditioners

a) Take them in during the Winter. However short the winters might be, a window AC unit is a sieve.
b) Purchase a unit that does not have slats on a horizontal surface. Most do not.
c) We put a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 21st 17, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter W.
Full Circuit on Male Cat Blockages

On Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 1:47:46 PM UTC-5, Peter W. wrote:
Do you all remember when male cats were supposed to be neutered as soon as possible as there was "No effect on future urinary...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 19th 17, 07:47 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter W.
Full Circuit on Male Cat Blockages

Do you all remember when male cats were supposed to be neutered as soon as possible as there was "No effect on future urinary problems"? And everyone looked down on people delaying neutering to allow...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour December 11th 17, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 0
Posted By Peter W.
For the Holidays

No self-respecting cat will eat a toxic plant. The only way this would happen is if they already were on a restricted/inadequate diet exceedingly low in roughage. Poinsettias may be toxic, but not...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 26th 17, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By Peter W.
Beware of bully cats

On Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at 7:13:37 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:

Hi, we are hoping to regrow this group but we have some very strange
folks.

Cats... kinda-sorta goes with the territory.
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 23rd 17, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 22
Posted By Peter W.
Beware of bully cats

There is a difference between a cat that is adapting to a permanent injury, and a cat that has been deliberately hobbled. That a cat may look entirely recovered after a number of months or years does...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour October 13th 17, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 0
Posted By Peter W.
Cat Ass Trophy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cslhtgas3dcl1oi/Cat%20Ass%20Trophy.jpg?dl=0

Our young guy, Seamus, caught a young squirrel out in the dog/cat yard (cat-proof fencing). He ate most of it, but saved a...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 28th 17, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 1
Posted By Peter W.
Singing to cats

Boswell would dance to whistling. His favorite tune - especially if played on a penny-whistle was the British Grenadiers's March.

This goes back a few years:

Boswell, our Maine Coon has at the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour September 12th 17, 12:15 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 0
Posted By Peter W.
Florida Keys - Hemingway's Cats

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/11/us/hemingway-cats-irma.html
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 8th 17, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By Peter W.
Hard-core feral softening up after 10 years

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u3lu0yfp0sippde/AABNbDolht3blJGBUtQiudPZa?dl=0

Our four.

White Scottie (Maggie)
Golden Retriever (Tucker)
Maine Coon (Murphy - white paws)
Maine Coon Mix (Seamus - ...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 8th 17, 07:33 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By Peter W.
Hard-core feral softening up after 10 years

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

In this world of sin and sorrow there...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 8th 17, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By Peter W.
Hard-core feral softening up after 10 years

On Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 11:53:27 AM UTC-4, Mack A. Damia wrote:

I may have mentioned before that my friend in San Diego had a feral
cat for over twenty years. Pity-Pat stayed under...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 3rd 17, 11:43 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By Peter W.
John Doe

The point of the exercise is to question your behavior if you were to encounter a true feral cat - and known to be such. But, nonetheless a cat.

Up near our summer house (north-central PA) we are...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 1st 17, 11:38 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By Peter W.
John Doe

On Monday, July 31, 2017 at 9:01:28 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
Peter W. wrote in rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

Mark, Mr. Schenk:

Two things: I did state that if one wishes to dilute the...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 31st 17, 11:48 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter W.
Filter fan makes litter duty easy

On Monday, July 31, 2017 at 5:59:09 AM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
As usual, this insulting troll's post has nothing to do with cats...

Nor do you much, except as an adjunct to your ego. What with...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 31st 17, 01:56 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 16
Posted By Peter W.
John Doe

Mark, Mr. Schenk:

Two things: I did state that if one wishes to dilute the value of words, us Lynx or Mountain Lion to understand the point.

Then, consider William of Occam - "semi-feral" is...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 31st 17, 01:48 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 10
Posted By Peter W.
Question

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

H. L. Mencken

Peter Wieck
Melrose...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 31st 17, 01:45 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 9
Posted By Peter W.
Filter fan makes litter duty easy

Doe, It does seem that more than a few are 'onto' you. I suggest you get a life - and at it might not want to not be here unless the taste of humiliation and the mirror of your essential stupidity...
Showing results 1 to 22 of 22