Showing results 1 to 25 of 52
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: oldhickory
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 17th 07, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 11
Posted By oldhickory
Feline Pine Scoop Litter - Does not Scoop!

We used to use clay litter but switched to Feline Pine (regular) a couple of
years ago. I was given some clumping litter last month by a friend who's
little Gypsy went to the bridge, and it...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 11th 07, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By oldhickory
This is a lot of cats!!!

well, she could share them and spread the love ?

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"Sherry" wrote in message
On Aug...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 10th 07, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 8
Posted By oldhickory
This is a lot of cats!!!

Yeah, we saw that last night. My husband freaked.

I'll agree on the housekeeping skills--good lord! Still, it's too many
little babies---that's just not humane, having them crowded in like that...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 8th 07, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 13
Posted By oldhickory
GAAK!!!

I took pics of the little present (aaaakkk) one of ours left in the hallway,
the other day. I couldn't resist when I saw the cricket legs and grass in
it. I thought their "daddy" should see it...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 5th 07, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 118
Posted By oldhickory
Health and money purrs needed - Update and question

wow! That's GREAT--congratulations!

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
oldhickory wrote:
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 5th 07, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 118
Posted By oldhickory
Health and money purrs needed - Update and question

prescription help--
Not to sound negative but good luck--apparently it's not as easy as it
sounds on the commercials. I had a friend who was unemployed for a couple
of years--had lots of meds...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 4th 07, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 118
Posted By oldhickory
Health and money purrs needed

Purrs and licks on the way and you're now in the multi-cultural,
multi-religious/philosophical prayer shrine.

http://www.davidandmollie.com/shrine/001.jpg

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

Hope I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour August 4th 07, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 7
Posted By oldhickory
Check out this virtual kitty!

FYI... legit and safe...seen it before--is very cute.

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"jmc" wrote in message
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 30th 07, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 26
Posted By oldhickory
Kittens, The Comedy

Oh, that kittenish strength to weight ration is great...they jump like
little flying monkeys!

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"CatNipped" wrote in message...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 24th 07, 04:32 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By oldhickory
Human food recall--canned chili and meats in US

thanks for the heads up!

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"Debra" wrote in message
Just in case someone here...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 23rd 07, 04:22 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 20
Posted By oldhickory
Addendum-- HELP HELP me too

I LOVE google...
http://www.calvetsupply.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=295
http://www.absolutelypets.com/catrebame.html

My Mini was not, like the kitty in the picture, smiling. It did...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 23rd 07, 04:20 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 20
Posted By oldhickory
HELP HELP me too

Once we took our really combative kitty into the vet and they put her in a
heavy weight zippered bag--all the way up to her neck.

I called it the "nylon maiden". I don't know what it's made of or...
Forum: Cats - misc July 21st 07, 08:32 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 7
Posted By oldhickory
ring tones for cat lovers?

If I did that I'd have to set my phone to "stun" while at home. I sing it
to the girls every time I feed them. They go nuts when the commercial comes
on.

Why do I do that, you ask? I had to do...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 19th 07, 06:01 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 18
Posted By oldhickory
Wild catnip

Actually, all three are girls but the tabby is definitely a different
personality. She's younger and much more territorial--she growls at the
garbage man and the UPS man. Too funny. That was her...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 18th 07, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 18
Posted By oldhickory
Wild catnip

Ours are stoners too--here's what's left after they took turns rolling and
laying in their catnip garden:

http://www.davidandmollie.com/kitties/crossing/

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

Yes, ours was chewing too, so we got her some cute rawhide candy canes at
the pet shop. She slid them on the floor and chased them and chewed on
them--they worked great. The mewing idea is good--I...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 13th 07, 04:35 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By oldhickory
Had to put older cat to sleep due to stoke etc

and purr a lot for her---that always helps!

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"Gregg" wrote in message
Hello...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 12th 07, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 25
Posted By oldhickory
Chibi sighting???!!!

a storm of purrs here!

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"Cantate" wrote in message
Chibi, my disappeared cat (as...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 12th 07, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 5
Posted By oldhickory
three cats or more?

I've read some previous postings and info on the web about the number of
cats in a household and the dynamics between them.

We adopted two girls, about 6 months apart, in 2003. The first was about...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 6th 07, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By oldhickory
Toygers, the new cat breed

I second that!

PLONK!

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 5th 07, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 16
Posted By oldhickory
I couldn't find her!

They're good at that, aren't they? Once I found ours had pulled away the
fabric covering on the bottom of the box spring and had crawled inside and
was "napping" there. I only found her because...
Forum: Cat health & behaviour July 1st 07, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Replies: 2
Posted By oldhickory
Cat Whisperer

Apologies if it's been posted before...I just saw it. Amazing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=464353&in_page_id=1770

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

8.65 inches at our house and "the girls" are getting cabin fever. It seems
every time they go out into the backyard (it's secured) they have to come
back in because of a thunderstorm. We are also...
Forum: Cats - misc June 27th 07, 06:08 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By oldhickory
Examine, Diagnose And Treat Your Pet At Home

Si. Plonk!

--
ie
ride fast, take chances.

"Spamguard" wrote in message
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 25th 07, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 30
Posted By oldhickory
Do cats get strep throat?

from google, bottom of page: