Showing results 1 to 25 of 32
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Chris H[_3_]
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 29th 20, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 9
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
Barney is gone.

So very sorry to hear this! Many purrs and healing thoughts for his
passing and the furry hole he's left in your hearts.

Chris and Oreo

On 4/28/20 9:19 AM, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
Barney passed...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 1st 17, 02:16 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 18
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
Wilbur

"dgk" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 03:59:59 +0100, "Christina...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 26th 17, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 18
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
Wilbur

I didn't want a new cat after Boyfriend, but I got one. He's an exoric
Persian.

Awww... Concatulations! How old is he? What...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 5th 15, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 17
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
Who's comfy now? (another Buffy pic)

On 06/04/2015 02:52 PM, jmcquown wrote:
After Buffy spent a couple of minutes on the freshly washed "crackle
sack" I looked around and she'd disappeared. I figured she'd wandered
into the den,...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 12th 15, 02:59 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 18
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
Purrs for D.H.

Many purrs and good thoughts for a positive outcome!

Chris and Oreo

On 01/11/2015 01:01 AM, Sylvia M wrote:
My hubby, Norman, is going into the hospital on Monday for at least an
angiogram,...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 9th 14, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 34
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
Persia RB 8/8/2014

Aw, Jill....I'm so very sorry you had to let Persia go. It's never an
easy choice even when it's the right one.

Many purrs and healing thoughts for your broken heart. Thank you for
sharing her...
Forum: Cat anecdotes January 18th 14, 05:49 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 22
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
Boyfriend update

"Takayuki" wrote in message
On Fri, 17 Jan 2014 17:46:29 -0000,...
Forum: Cat community December 24th 13, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Replies: 1
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
Fangu, Sekrit Santa!

The package actually arrived about a week ago, but dad is sometimes bad
about posting. He's been giving me a few toys here and there since it
arrived, and I've been having a lot of fun with them...
Forum: Cat community October 17th 13, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Replies: 19
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
Wall of Rememberanz?

On 10/13/2013 12:09 PM, M Patterson wrote:

Da Walk of remembrance is here, at lees dat is were I found itted

http://bccclub.webstarts.com/walk.html

Mine Uncl Bill summytim calls...
Forum: Cat community August 7th 13, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
Hazard RB 8-5-13 (long)

Some of you may remember my posting about Hazard back in 2002 or so,
when I first encountered him at the University of Maryland campus, where
he'd been abandoned.

More recently, he had developed...
Forum: Cat anecdotes August 7th 13, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 7
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
Hazard RB 8-5-13 (long)

Some of you may remember my posting about Hazard back in 2002 or so,
when I first encountered him at the University of Maryland campus, where
he'd been abandoned.

More recently, he had developed...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 2nd 13, 04:44 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 19
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
Who are your owners and their ages?

Hazard...stealth black boykatzen, somewhere around 12 - 13yo...rescued
from the University of Maryland campus, hyperthyroid (currently under
control) and still has abandonment issues after all...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 30th 12, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 16
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
How to get rid of fleas

A friend of mine had an infestation at his house. We took white plates
and shallow bowls, filled them with water and a dash of dish soap, and
put a desk lamp near each one, shining in to it, but...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 19th 12, 12:45 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 22
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
Is this out of order or what?

On 06/18/2012 05:19 PM, Lesley wrote:
Apparently they were concerned enough to ask a friend to visit and
although at the time when the cat went in the owner said that would
not be a problem...
Forum: Cat anecdotes May 9th 12, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 10
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
Eternal-september server acting flaky

I've only been using it this evening, but so far it seems OK.
Maybe there was a node failure causing some bottle necks. Hope it's
behaving for you now!

Purrs-

Chris, Hazard and Oreo

On...
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 23rd 12, 12:27 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 4
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
Recycling cat food cans

On 04/22/2012 08:24 PM, Joy wrote:
wrote in message
I have been saving my cat food cans for Habitat...
Forum: Cat community October 18th 11, 12:15 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
Purrs for Katie's (House of Havlicek) trip across the Bridge

It is with great reluctance and sorrow that I've made the appointment
for Katie's final vet visit. Her fight with the tumor has finally
gotten to the point where she won't/can't eat. She hasn't...
Forum: Cat anecdotes October 18th 11, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 6
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
Purrs for Katie's journey across the bridge

It is with great reluctance and sorrow that I've made the appointment
for Katie's final vet visit. Her fight with the tumor has finally
gotten to the point where she won't/can't eat. She hasn't...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 30th 11, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 12
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
OT - Email Through Thunderbird?

Once Juno changed their interface software, I've used nothing but
T-bird for both email and news groups. It's been pretty reliable
for many years, and definitely easy to set up.

Purrs-

Chris and...
Forum: Cat community July 5th 11, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Replies: 7
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
I won't be here much, anymore.

What are you using for email? A web interface or a regular email
program like Thunderbird or Outlook?

Since Cox shut down newsgroup access, I've been using Thunderbird
and eternal-September.org...
Forum: Cat anecdotes July 5th 11, 12:23 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 72
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
How do I cope with a depressed cat?

It took Tripper about a month to stop looking for his brother. I didn't
start looking for a new companion for him until he stopped. I figured
it was less likely to be viewed as a territory...
Forum: Cat anecdotes June 6th 11, 12:49 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 29
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
RIP Samazon - June 10 2006 - May 3, 2011

Lori -

I'm so very sorry to read about Sammy's passing. Having lost two fur
kids to HCM, I can sympathize with how sudden and shocking it can be.
You gave her a good life, and from all your...
Forum: Cat community May 1st 11, 05:00 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Replies: 9
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
Happi Purrday Mae Kitties!

Hi Anti Evelyn!

Could I please have Oreo added to the list for May 1?

Fangu!

Chris, Katie, Hazard and Oreo

On 05/01/2011 01:33 AM, Anti Evelyn wrote:
Happy Purrday tew yew,
Forum: Cat anecdotes April 9th 11, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 11
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
[OT] Probs with NIN

Not sure if you can use it from Oz, but there's also
eternal-september.org. That's what I've been using since Cox cut off
newsgroups. I can't get binaries, but I can most of the regular text...
Forum: Cat anecdotes February 22nd 11, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Replies: 22
Posted By Chris H[_3_]
2nd earthquake has hit Christchurch, N.Z

Purrs and prayers for everyone affected by this disaster.

I visited Christchurch years ago. Lovely place, nice people.
It's tragic to hear about the loss of life and the damage anywhere,
but even...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 32