Old December 29th 03, 05:45 AM
Judy

"Barb" wrote in message
This mad cow scare comes just about a couple weeks after the greedy meat
industry jacked its prices sky high and I heard a lot of complaints while
shopping in the supermarket.

Why would they have bought cows from Canada where they had an outbreak of
the disease?

The cow in question has been in the U.S. for a couple of years - long before
the outbreak (one case) in Canada this past May. The incubation period for
this disease can be years, so there would be no way of knowing if the cow
was ill until symptoms were exhibited.

What I'd like to know, but will probably never find out, is how this cow got
into the food chain in the first place, and why only after it got there, did
someone decide to raise a flag??

Judy