Old June 11th 12, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Kindle questions - OT

"Cheryl" wrote in message
I've got a pretty bare-bones model. I carry it with me everywhere. I
bought a case and a little light for it - I use the case constantly, and
since I drop it sometimes, that's been worth the money. I haven't used
the light at all, since I don't seem to want to read in really low-light
situations. I adjust the text size sometimes. I still like 'real' books -
you can't flip back and forth as easily in a kindle and it's harder to
find something you think you read somewhere unless you mark it. But for
portability and convenience and ease of use, the kindle wins. I've already
got a lot of books - I sorted them by type, fiction, humour etc. A lot of
them are free or very cheap older books, but I buy newer ones sometimes
too. I need to be near wifi or my computer to download them, but that's
not a problem.

I also use it to read other documents. It's not really good with pdf,
although it will read it, but if I convert the pdf to Word or text, I of
course don't get the neat layout of a professionally-converted book, but
it's entirely readable, and I can enlarge the text or make notes.

--
Cheryl

Thank you, Cheryl. I'm glad to know you can make notes.

I agree - real books are my first love, but for traveling, or even for
reading a really large book, I can see that the Kindle would be a great
advantage.

Joy