Old July 25th 12, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default My computer crapped out last night

I had to buy a new computer today. "Going Green" (paperless billing) is a
great idea, in concept. Except when you don't get paper bills and you pay
them all online. Then you absolutely have to have a computer. It's a
Catch-22. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. (sigh) I did restore from
a backup, but I'll be damned if I can figure out where the files are.

I set up email and newsgroups pretty much from memory. Fortunately the
folks at news.individual.net were happy to tell me how to configure Windows
Live Mail to access newsgroups again. But I'm still struggling with this
version of Live Mail. (And before anyone suggests I try another newsreader,
sorry, I have enough to deal with right now. I'm not going to try to
configure yet another program.) My email works. My newsgroup connection
works. It's a little wonky, but I'm able to access both. For now that's
all I care about.

Jill