Old July 25th 12, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default My computer crapped out last night

"Judith Latham" wrote in message

In article , jmcquown
wrote:
I had to buy a new computer today. "Going Green" (paperless billing) is
a great idea, in concept. Except when you don't get paper bills and
you pay them all online. Then you absolutely have to have a computer.
It's a Catch-22. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. (sigh) I did
restore from a backup, but I'll be damned if I can figure out where the
files are.

I set up email and newsgroups pretty much from memory. Fortunately the
folks at news.individual.net were happy to tell me how to configure
Windows Live Mail to access newsgroups again. But I'm still struggling
with this version of Live Mail. (And before anyone suggests I try
another newsreader, sorry, I have enough to deal with right now. I'm
not going to try to configure yet another program.) My email works.
My newsgroup connection works. It's a little wonky, but I'm able to
access both. For now that's all I care about.

Jill

I'm glad you're up and running. Especially to the group and email.

Judith

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.

Thank you, Judith! Although this version of Windows Live Mail is rather
annoying

Jill