Old July 29th 12, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

Default My computer crapped out last night

On 7/26/2012 8:58 AM, jmcquown wrote:
Very lucky! I've done system restores before, too. In this instance, I
got the "beep beep beep". The machine would turn on but the monitor and
other components were simply dead. (This is a laptop). Fortunately the
hard drive was still readable so they're restoring that to a portable
hard drive. I'll be able to reload some data. Meanwhile, I've lost my
contacts/address book info. Hence my request for people to send me
emails so I can add you folks back to my contacts list.

There are also little external drive bays with USB connectors that you
can buy for cheap to restore your data to a new computer. That's what I
did. A little SATA drive bay. Worked like a charm and cheaper.