Old June 29th 13, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Seeking advice re lung cancer

Mack A. Damia wrote:
On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 14:31:52 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

Mack A. Damia wrote:
On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 14:03:10 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

dgk wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 13:18:34 -0400, buglady
wrote:

On 6/27/2013 8:39 AM, dgk wrote:

............Well, you never know how any disease or cat may
react. It could be a whole new ballgame. But you do know now
they're not quite telling the truth when they say 2 years and
decent quality of life. One has to ask oneself who the cat is
being kept alive for, yourself or him/her.

My cat was over 15 also.

I don't think they were lying; I think they probably did have cats
that do very well on chemo. I know that cats are supposed to
tolerate chemo much better than people do. It just didn't work out
in my case.

That's what makes it so hard; we can't talk to our cats and
explain what's going on. All we can do is what we think is best.

That's why I love them so much. They have loads more character than
any human being I have ever known. With their limited intelligence
and frail bodies they choose a path of action, and then give it
their all, and remain in control until the bitter end. It is easy
for me to understand why the Egyptians considered them to be
Gods.....

Did you see "Life of Pi"?

No. Is it about cats?

I think you are a religious guy; you might enjoy it. It's about a boy
and a tiger.

I just read Wikipedia's synopsys of the film. It does seem interesting,
although a bit fantastic. I may like it, but I am not religious. I liked
Grimm's Fairy Tales.....:^)