Old June 30th 13, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

Default Seeking advice re lung cancer

Mack A. Damia wrote:
On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 14:49:10 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

Mack A. Damia wrote:
On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 14:31:52 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

Mack A. Damia wrote:
On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 14:03:10 -0700, "Bill Graham"
wrote:

dgk wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jun 2013 13:18:34 -0400, buglady
wrote:

On 6/27/2013 8:39 AM, dgk wrote:

............Well, you never know how any disease or cat may
react. It could be a whole new ballgame. But you do know now
they're not quite telling the truth when they say 2 years and
decent quality of life. One has to ask oneself who the cat is
being kept alive for, yourself or him/her.

My cat was over 15 also.

I don't think they were lying; I think they probably did have
cats that do very well on chemo. I know that cats are supposed
to tolerate chemo much better than people do. It just didn't
work out in my case.

That's what makes it so hard; we can't talk to our cats and
explain what's going on. All we can do is what we think is best.

That's why I love them so much. They have loads more character
than any human being I have ever known. With their limited
intelligence and frail bodies they choose a path of action, and
then give it their all, and remain in control until the bitter
end. It is easy for me to understand why the Egyptians
considered them to be Gods.....

Did you see "Life of Pi"?

No. Is it about cats?

I think you are a religious guy; you might enjoy it. It's about a
boy and a tiger.

I just read Wikipedia's synopsys of the film. It does seem
interesting, although a bit fantastic. I may like it, but I am not
religious. I liked Grimm's Fairy Tales.....:^)

It's fairly profound, and there is no definitive answers to the
question, "What was the reality of the story?".

Gimm's fairy tales always had a moral to the story. This does, too.

Yes. And this is what distinguishes a classic story from just another, "pop
culture" tale. I'll order it and watch it.