Old February 2nd 06, 05:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default New family member - Part 4

On 2006-02-02, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) penned:

Well, it looks like that's my first stop tomorrow morning! I called
the vet's office today - if there's a scar, they can probably see
it, if they shave the hair on her tummy abot. They can also feel
her tummy to see if they detect the organs still in place. Also,
the receptionist said if the cat is in heat, the vet can certainly
tell, os I'd better get her in there while the behaviour continues.
However, the way she's acting this evening leaves me with little
doubt - no sound a cat makes is QUITE like a female in heat, and
she's certainly not sick! But WHY would anyone pay for surgery to
remove a cat's claws, but be too cheap to have it neutered at the
same time? (Quite apart from the fact I look upon declawing as
immoral, the neutering seems far more essential!)

Because they didn't want the inconvenience of a fully functional cat,
but did want to breed the poor creature?

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully