Old November 10th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

Default Is this weird or is it me?

On 10 Nov., 19:58, Lesley wrote:
Hi all

I have a friend who doesn't like cats.. I am prepared to regard this
as a minor personality defect as long as the person would never be
cruel to a cat and she wouldn't- she's just one of those people who
was reared by d*g things and has never known the joy of cats

I saw her the other day and she mentioned one of her d*g things.
Bascially she lives in London and her d*g things are at her parents
home- they are chiuahuas ( forgive the spelling) anyway she said she
had popped home and the oldest one looked really cute?

Cute I can understand (I have seen pictures and okay I am prepared to
accrpt these are cute d*g things) but why does she suddenly look cute?

She explains the d*g has had most of her lower jaw removed because she
had cancer and "Now her tongue hangs out all the time and its really
cute"

Is it me or what? My first comment was "Can she eat?" and this person
agreed she seems to be eating okay but she does look cute with her
tongue hanging out

I felt a bit sick- I could understand being relieved a loved pet
survived major surgery and was eating but regarding the fact her
tongie now hangs out as "cute" as if this was some sort of bonus!

Is this just me or what?

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Maybe this is about psychology.
If your friend is a lot concerned about looks
(her`s or her dog`s), this might show a subconscious
insecurity, which is a problem she should work on.

If this might be the case, no offense meant here,
a lot of people hide their insecurities by keeping a
meticulously pretty (perfect) appearance, she of course
on the outside seems to bother only about the "looks"
of her little sweetheart.

So if the look is the only thing she seems to be interested after
the surgery it means that she is happy that no one will give her
negative
comments which she might not be able to bear.

Deep down, I believe, she most certainly is happy that her doggie
feels ok and can lead a sort of normal life.

I don`t know if I found the right words to explain my point.
Hopefully you understand what I wanted to say.

love
Bettina