Old February 2nd 04, 08:30 PM
Bob Brenchley.

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 20:03:45 +0100, Tristan Miller
wrote:

Greetings.

I am considering getting a kitten to keep my little ferret company while I'm
at work. From what I read, cats and ferrets usually get along just fine
provided that they're introduced at an early age. My only concern is that
my apartment might be too small. I have only one largeish room with a
small kitchen and bathroom -- the total area is 40 m². Will a small cat be
happy with this or do I need to think about getting a bigger place? I
intend to keep the pet as an indoor cat only. (Of course, I don't mind
taking it for walks every day should it be one of those rare individuals
who take to walking with leashes.)

Also, how much attention will I need to give the cat? I play with my ferret
for at least a couple hours a day (any less and she sometimes keeps me up
at night), so I'm hoping I can combine playtime.

Regards,
Tristan

Cats do not make suitable apartment pets. Then need access to the
outside world.

And cats dictate the level of attention, not their human slaves

--
Bob.

When the cat's away there are fewer hairs on the armchair.