Old July 1st 03, 06:05 PM
Joe

Default Rescue, when to take off flea collars?

(Nadine) wrote:

Joe wrote:
After bringing the new cat indoors, I put flea collars on both, the

resident cat and the street cat. About how long should I leave the
collars on both? I guess what I am asking for is the time it takes for
the collar to kill current fleas and the time it takes for flea eggs to
hatch and die.

You may as well remove them now as they don't work.

Your WebTV newsreader doesn't work.

For the anti-collar gang. Please realize that I don't like the idea of

pesticides on my cats. The collars are a quick/effective method to nuke
the fleas. The collars will come off as soon as I am confident all of
the fleas in my apartment are dead.

Flea collars are nothing but pesticides.

Of course they are. Why would anyone think differently?

They are not only NOT quick/effective flea killers but they can
make a cat sick.

So can Advantage.

Try some Advantage, which is not absorbed into the cats system,

That is nonsense.

it stays on the hair follicles

You haven't even read the directions.

and it WORKS.

Such products can cause servere body tremmers. At which time, the cat is
supposed to be thuroughly bathed. Since he could get outside by accident,
I didn't want to risk him out there dying from an allergic reation to a
product which is relatively new to the market.

Thanks for nothing.

Out.