Old July 26th 08, 03:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Heat Pump and A/C

wrote in message
Yowie wrote:

I live at about he same latitude (except south) as Charleston, South
Carolina, and near the coast like Charleston. That should give you a
rough
idea of my climate.

Do you have high humidity, too? I think South Carolina is very humid.
I've never been there, but in general the southern east coast of the US
is very humid.

Charleston SC usually has 85%+ humidity, as does our area. They average
5-10 F hotter than us as well. We have a heat pump, we do use it every
winter and it usually works well enough, but we also have a fireplace with
an insert that works when it gets really cold as the furnace doesn't warm
enough for us to get away with regular shirt sleeves and I hate asking
family and friends to wear sweaters ala Jimmy Carter.

Pam S.