Old October 11th 03, 10:07 PM
Priscilla Ballou

In article ,
Chakolate wrote:

Hi, all,

A quick question if you don't mind.

I give my cats quite a bit of catnip, both fresh and dried. A few weeks
ago, some workmen started sandblasting the house next door, and one of my
cats, Pi, got very spooked. He hid all day while they were there, making
noise with the machines and shouting.

A months after they had finished, he was still very easily spooked. Even
the little girl who comes to visit scared him. Since her first act on
visiting is always to give the cats treats, they love her and usually come
running.

It occurred to me that the catnip may have been exaggerating his paranoia,
so I stopped it for a while. He became, slowly, his old self again. He
also dropped the extra pound he'd been carrying around.

As a test, I gave him more catnip last night, and he's been hiding all day.

Okay, well I guess that wasn't all that quick, :-) , but here's the
question: Has anybody else observed this sort of behavior? Is it really
the catnip? My other cat hasn't changed a bit, with or without the catnip.

Hmmmm. I'm harking back to times in my college days when I'd hide in my
room, paranoid and stoned out of my gourd.

Otherwise, I'm of no help to you at all, I'm afraid! Mine don't get
catnip that often.

Priscilla