Old July 26th 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Default Heat Pump and A/C (was: Abelard = 6.6 lbs.)

wrote in
:

I love how this subject line typifies thread drift on RPCA.

Yeah.

outsider wrote:

I think in the US we might say heat pump for a reversable A/C but
maybe folks with those even say heat and A/C according to what mode
they are running. Aren't you (Joyce) in a "heat pump" area?

Hmm, I'm not sure what that means. In my apartment building, we have
electric heat.

Heat pumps are popular where the need for A/C is high but the need for heat
is not great. In those locations heat pumps are economical compared to
other sources but I don't think they can produce enough heat for northern
locations. I think that is how it works.