Old July 14th 09, 09:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
\jordy\

Default Does anyone have any suggestions?

On Jul 13, 5:23*pm, jweeks wrote:
On Jul 12, 1:23*pm, "\"jordy\"" wrote:

* * Hi. my mom has a cat named Rosie,and about once a month we bring
the cat into the bathroom, in order to trim her claws... the problem
is that Rosie doesn't paticularly enjoy this, to put it mildly... Is
there anything that can be done to have this activity be more
comfortable for Rosie? my mom feels that she needs to cut her claws,
because the longer the claws are, the more they get stuck in various
things and cause various problems etc... this has also harmed my
relationship with my Rosie... We used to be very close and spend time
together... now, Rosie usually avoids me because she associates me
with her getting her claws cut...

* *any suggestions would be appreciated... thanks...

My guy gets a tiny trim every 3-4 weeks, as he's an indoor kitty.
What makes it so much better is if YOU and YOUR MOM don't feel anxiety
when you go to hold him...if you already feel like your cat will
struggle...or feel anxiety, then it's projected onto your kitty..So
he's already feeling the stress before it happens...and that makes it
so much worse. * Try to approach him like it's no big deal...pet him,
speak softly, etc....Hope it helps, Jenny

thanks... but why are you calling Rosie a "him"? I don't think she
would like that... she is such a pretty cat...