Old June 5th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Horrific Night

On Jun 4, 9:37 pm, Lynne wrote:
on Tue, 05 Jun 2007 01:31:04 GMT, wrote:

I fear it was the Mother? Could this be? Might she kill another of
her kittens if indeed she killed this one?

If it was the mother and she has been nursing and caring for the kittens,
chances are good that there was something really wrong with the kitten that
is now dead. Did you ever see that kitten? Do you know if it was nursing
well, healthy, or even formed properly?

If it wasn't the mother, you should probably close up the garage at night,
eh?

--
Lynne

She had been caring for it. I could never get a good look at it
becasue she took off whenever she heard any sound .
I saw it from a distance and it was of good size but very very
nervous, skittish, fearful compared to the other 2.

The mother stands outside the garage at night guarding against a
possum that sometimes comes thru looking for food but the possum
couldn't have scaled the dresser draws. The Mom would have fought off
any intruders or I would have heard the commotion. I live in downstate
NY, aren't many wild animals around. I think you gave me the answer
I'll live with. Something was wrong with the kitten and she killed it.
Maybe the downpour made her or the kitten a little crazy.
I took out he whole dresser sraw and laid it in the backyard after
covering the kitten and the mother and kittens haven't gone near
it. It has me in a very somber state. The screams and the
scratching and then silence. FUp