Old June 5th 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Horrific Night

On Jun 4, 9:55 pm, Sherry wrote:
On Jun 4, 8:31 pm, wrote:

I was awakened at about 4am, I heard screams from the garage from one
or more of the 3 kittens staying there with there semi feral mom. I
couldn't see in the garage from my bedroom but I could hear the sound
of onr or more of them trying to climb into a drawer of a woodfen
bainet I have in their. It was pouring rain and I was a bit groggy
so I don't know exzactly what I heard. Maybe another animal had come
into the garage and chased one of the kittens. Was it another cat, a
rooster from the illegals living in the house behind mine, was it the
Mother cat.

Today I went into then garage looking for one of the 3 kittens, it was
the kitten who was most fearful of humans, that being me when I
brought them food it would run and hide in the garge and not come out
until it was midnight. The other 2 kittens, one a runt is fearless and
a white one who is reasonabley cautious but I have touched it while it
feed.

I found the kitten in a draw, it was viciously attacked, I mean the
****ing ears where ripped off and I couldn't even find the head. I can
still hear it screeching and claweing against the wood of the
dresser It was like Silence of the Lambs

I fear it was the Mother? Could this be? Might she kill another of
her kittens if indeed she killed this one?

You know, my knee-jerk reaction to this -- and correct me if I have
interpreted this
wrongly -- is why didn't you immediately check out what was wrong? Did
you
wait until *morning* to check on them, after you "heard" what sounded
like the kittens scrambling around in there?
A tomcat probably got into the garage and killed the kitten. That is
*not*
unusual I'm wondering whether the poor thing could have been saved
from the
suffering.

Sherry- Hide quoted text -

The incident was over very quick and I thought they were just playing,
all 4 of them. I was asleep when it started and figured it was
something to do with the pouring rain which they have never seen
before, not like this. Thats why I didn't go out. I'm feeling guilty
because of it. Around here its just cats and dogs and ther are no
dogs around.

I live in heavily populated NY suburb. There are no big animals. The
only possible animal would have been the rooster that the house of 20
illegals smuggled in, how they even have rooster/hems is ridiculous
but would a farm bird dur this. This cat was impossibel to catch, she/
he ran behind a pile of furniure and junk. I had trouble geting within
50'.
Thats why I think is was Mom. The mother has no front teeth but 2 she
does have big big back fangs. The Mother is the only thing that could
have gotten close.