Old November 1st 08, 10:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Default Scruffing

Helen Wheels wrote:
Tyler is 11 years old now. He's a glamorous looking cat with long hair,
and one of the biggest cats I have ever seen. His lifelong pal Orly is
14, a short haired ginger fellow and not much smaller.

Every evening they sleep at opposite ends of the sofa. Once every
evening, Orly will get up, march to the other end of the sofa and go
through the motions of scruffing his buddy Tyler just like a mother cat
would do with her kitten. He just holds Tyler down for a bit then lets
him go.

It's so comical to watch. Is Orly showing Tyler who's boss or just being
affectionate?

(sort of delurking - I haven't posted here in a long time)

Nice to hear from you again, Helen!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek