Old January 17th 14, 07:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

Default Boyfriend update

Well the nurse's idea of "bright and alert" is not mine. Maybe it's a
medical term for not dead yet I love him so much, much more that I ever
thought I could love a cat, having been a dog person all my life. Please,
oh, please let him recover.
I stayed up until 5 a.m. Sleep was totally out of the question but
eventually I crashed out. I was awake again by 8 and on the phone to the vet
so see how he is. Doing well up to now, medically, but very depressed and
refusing to eat or use his litterbox, which he won't use until he bursts,
and I told them that.
When the vet called me this afternoon he asked me to visit him as timid cats
will sometimes eat if their owners are there.
So I visited him. He showed no signs of recognising me until the nurse went
out of the room. So I babytalked him as if he was on my lap, and tickled
him under the chin. Then he leaned over and licked the gravy from his bowl
of food and in a few minutes he was eating the chunks, providing I broke
them up and pushed them towards him so he didn't have to get up.
Unfortunately the nurse came back before he'd finished so that was the end
of that.
The vet said "I know you told us he was timid, but we didn't quite expect
*that* timid"
I'm leaving him there until Monday, as the tablets he needs to avoid
peritonitis I simply won't be able to administer by myself and as the danger
time for peritonitis is within 48 hours, I'd rather leave him there, not
least because of the mega pain relief he's getting too. Having had a
abdominal operation myself I know how painful it is.
Ok, it's going to cost a lot but I don't care one jot. I'd spend all the
money I had in the world to keep this lovely gentle boy with me. We are the
world to each other.
Although I'd like to have him home, I know very well medicating him 2x day
with anti-peronitis tablets will be a real problem, FGS, he won't even let
me do Stronghold without assistance and in case you think he will be too
ill to object, even with his insides hanging out when he saw me with the cat
carrier to take him to TED, he found the strength to hide.
And now I might cry so bye for now.
Tweed

Purrs for both of you.

Ann