Old August 11th 08, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gracecat[_2_]

Default Cats and 'private time'

On 2008-08-10 16:23:49 -0500, Mischief said:

So my man and I are in bed one morning cuddling, and suddenly 'Mrow?'
Mischief jumps onto the bed and wants attention NOW.

So I start petting and then I head another 'Meow?' which is Mayhem who
has jumped onto the bed all jealous because Mischief is getting
attention first.

I pet them both a little bit and then try to go back to
cuddling..course BOTH of them are now crying and whining while I'm
trying to have a nice time.

Finally Mishief the little minx nipped a hand and that did it. I
shooed them both off the bed and closed the door. I didn't close it
all the way, but put a shoe in front of it.

back to bed and back to cuddling..and we both get caught up in the
moment when 'MEOW!'

Mischief has pawed over the door, and was on the bed demanding to know
why she was shut OUT. Which resulted in her being picked up with a
squeek and the bedroom door CLOSED behind her.

can I have a little 'private time' please?

And this is an ongoing thing if the door is open. Mischief AND Mayhem
living up to their names as their mommy pays more attention to someone
else than THEM.

Sheesh....

anyone else have this problem?

-Kristi

Unfortunately. Lunatic could care less but Mutt, our twelve year old
dog has a particular squeaky toy that we call her "sex toy". If we're
cuddling, that d*mned dog is going to grab her squeaky toy and hump it
until it squeaks for mercy, right underneath the bed.

Been doing it for nearly twelve years now.

Grace