Old September 8th 04, 09:04 PM
jamie

Have they had their teeth checked recently? Mine were avoiding
canned because they had some bad teeth, and the wet food was probably
painful to eat. They would just swallow the dry whole, so it didn't
bother them as much.
(again, not noticed by the previous quack vets, even though both quack
partners looked in their mouths -- and shown to me by my new vet,
a couple of cracked and cavitied teeth painful enough that the cats
cried when they were touched.)

You might try pureeing the canned food with a wand blender (a
suggestion I got from Megan), so that it's like babyfood, and they
can lick it up. If they don't like the texture, or it's hurting
their teeth, this might help.

kaeli wrote:
Yeah, that's where we're at right now, except we're finding out what they'll
eat and won't eat. I don't want to starve the poor things (esp. my overweight
male, who I worry about fatty liver if he just stops eating), so if they
don't eat morning or night wet feeding, I leave dry down overnight.

--
jamie )

"There's a seeker born every minute."