Old June 26th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

Default Do cats get strep throat?

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
I've been running a fever since Saturday, and when I went to the doctor
she said it was probably strep throat. I got antibiotics and told to take
it easy and drink lots of fluids. I'm staying at home today because I had
a terrible night and I'm pretty sure I'm contagious. Question. Can I give
the cats an infection? Should I avoid snuggling with them?

Yikes - I've had strep a bunch of times and I know how much it hurts. Purrs
on the way to get better soon. Sorry, don't know anything about
contagiousness to cats but I thought that there were very few things that
survived the temperature change between humans and cats.

Susan M
Otis and Chester