Old February 13th 05, 02:04 PM
Hi Im WEEniE with MyFav4ite Midi

Betrayed and upset

Group: rec.pets.cats.rescue Date: Sun, Feb 13, 2005, 3:57am (EST+5)
From: (Kay)
I don't know what to do. I have a big problem and I don't know what to
do.
I have been taking care of feral cats that were born in my yard. I built
a shelter with heat, and have did the best I could for them.
I talked to my neighbor just two weeks ago, telling them about the cats
and what I plan to do. I asked them if they are bothered, they said they
were not and they could tell which ones were mine because they look well
cared for and act "nicely" they said they have no problem and if they do
have any trouble they would let me know and I would fix it.
this morning I was sitting on my couch and I hear a cat cry out. I
rushed to the window and saw my neighbor trapped Blackie. He ran the
cage into his garage. i called out, Is that my cat and what are you
doing? He said it was his property and he was going to catch all of them
and slammed the door. I was calling my husband and was crying, I looked
out the window and a car pulled up and they opened the garage and rushed
the cage into a truck and it sped off.
I called the police and they said I had to prove it was my cat. I tried
to explain what feral was and that they were going to be fixed and
released. but they wouldn't help, the pound said I have to prove with
vet papers. I don't even know where they took him. I have been crying
all day and have been trying to trap the other two I have one in a pet
taxi and I don't know what to do. I knew and were friends with my
neighbors for 10 years without a fight, I am in shock and I am missing
Blackie and I don't know what to do. When I catch them what do I do. I
have called every place and no one can help. My heart hurts so much
right now.
Kay

That is messed up. They could of been doing this all the time ad when
you had that heart to heart talk with them and they're telling you what
they figured you wanted to hear? They were having a laugh at your
expense & the cats. Do you have your own vet you bring those cats too. I
live in West Springfield,Mass and there's this woman who lives in
Springfield,Mass and she does the same thing you do.She know some people
who help out also. She said people think that if they get rid of the
ferral cats in their neighborhood that everything will be fine but
according to this woman they couldn't be more wrong. Only another cat
rescuer or maybe you would know what I mean. What your neighbor did is
sneaky & cruel & to make it worst they are suppose to be your friends.
That's low