Old February 14th 05, 05:40 AM
Kay

Hemmaholic wrote:
Kay,

This is so sad to hear! Unfortunately, since they are feral there
really is not much you can do about the neighbor.

Call all of your local Vets and ask if they know of any refal cat
rescue organizations in your area. Tell them your story and see if
they can get you some immediate assistance to trap the remaining
animals. At least by going through a feral rescue that is highly
involved with a TNR Program you will know that the animals will be
given proper care. If adoptable, they will go to good loving homes.
It may not be possible to release the others back into their "home",
but it may be possible to relocate them to a farm home. Relocation is
not easy and is not the preferred method, but sometimes there is no
other choice.

I applaud what you have been doing to care for these animals and I know
exactly how attached we can get to these feral cats, even if they don't
allow any physical contact. I've been caring for a family a ferals
since last June and have found I get very protective of them! I just
recently was able to make contact with an organization in a neighboring
county that is going to assist me with TNR and have been greatly
relieved. The remaining kittens in my little colony are quickly
approaching that age where new kittens can be produced and that time of
year when the mother cat may also have another litter. I am hoping to
avoid this! The kitten sin my group are a little too old to be tamed
to any extent, although a couple will occasionally let me pet them, but
only while they are eating - my reward I suppose!

Please do try to locate a TNR group in your area so you can get some
help with this situation.

Your neighbor is a real piece of work. Still, I would try to talk to
them again; perhaps there has been a misunderstanding about what you
were going to do.

Feel free to email me directly if you'd like. We can at least compare
notes on our feral families.

Rebecca
aka:Hemmaholic

Its no mistake. And I tried everywhere. They said I can only Trap, treat
adn release in my yard. that was the only offer, with a discounted
operation. If you read th eother post the two siblings were moved by a
neighbor who takes care of a colony. I hope they don't try to come back
even if Imiss them. I hope it is far enough. I have warned all cat
feeders that I know of around me there are 4. The neighbor said he was
going to catch them all. i don't know if that ment the cats in my yard
or more.

The hurt part of me wants revenge. I hate to admit it but its true.

Kay