Old February 16th 05, 07:26 AM
Kay

Iain Halder wrote:
On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 05:02:17 GMT, Kay wrote:

I found out that the traps are hi son in laws and he is a hunter. So I
have no idea, I called everywhere. 2 years ago I had to talk them out of
shooting a possum.They set up new traps now.

I'm not actually from your country but if I had a neighbor did
something like this to me, well he'd be in a hospital by now.

You say the son is a 'hunter' ... well some hunter hunting feral cats?
People can fantasise all they want but I'd imagine that when those
fantasies intrude into my own cat-rescue work then it's time to take
direct action. Especially if I'd be worrying he was using cats as bait
to make his hunting easier.

2 years ago they asked me to stop feeding squirrels, I started to feed
them today. I figure I'm going to do what I can. I still leave out food
and there is still the cat house, I wonder if they eat enough in my yard
maybe they won't go in the trap?

I feed squirrels here where I stay and, again, if some
personality-disordered family with hunting fantasies told me to stop
feeding them ... well, again any such attempt at restricting MY rights
would not get far.

I sound angry and when I read this thread I was ... no, am.

Extreme behaviour calls for an extreme response. You might consider
paying some dollars to some local hard guys to sort this guy out. You
are tearful and under stress and there is no way someone like you who
cares about nature and the feral cat community should allow any
psychopathic pseudo-hunter to intrude into your life or the lives of
these cats.

Here in the UK we are meeting with some success in getting the
'hunting with dogs' crowd sorted out. If the government had shown more
gumption it would have been sorted years ago but things are moving in
the right direction.

Iain.H

o Rescued Cats & Kittens Needing Homes o

o www.celiahammond.org o
o www.cat77.org.uk o

Your country is far more advanced in animal rights. I don't why, maybe a
larger percent of population cares about animals. I don't know. Does The
UK have shelters that kill? Here if we adopt we have to sign a paper
promising not to tlet the cat outside. Is it different in the UK. I
thought I read somewhere that its quite the oppisite.

His trap is set up right now and he chained it to a pole so no one can
steal it. He is useing catnip for bait. So I have put out catnip and
plates of food to keep the cats from going over there.

There are a few people who feed near me and a few with shelters. I have
warned them all.

I hope to catch the last cat by tomorrow. There was an offer that if she
is pregnant there is a place she can go to have her litter and the
company agreed to let her stay. My husband works there and he has
promised me that he will feed her everyday and get the kittens when the
time is right. I was not sure if she was pregnant, but I saw her today
and I think she is.

If I can get her before him, she will have a place to live where it is
safe and be fixed. She will live on private property. And we have a vet
that will treat her and give her shots, so thats good news. As long as
he does not get her first.

We set up a camera that so we can see when she goes in the shelter and
have a door that is attached to a string that we can pull when she is in
the box. I have catnip and plates of food. She is older and smarter. So
I hope she does not go near the trap.

After the cat is safe, then well we will keep up the catnip and the
peanuts. I am thinking of a "screamer"? it sense when they get near his
yard to scare them away??

Kay