Old October 11th 06, 08:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
ezyspirit

Default Organizing Rescue Group

"Wendy" wrote in message
Renters should also be asked about what the landlord's policy toward pets
is - do they allow, number allowed, pet deposit required/paid. Ask for a
statement from the landlord regarding their pet policy.

That's very good advice.

I would go further and also talk to the renters about the difficulty in
finding
decent rental accommodation which allows pets. Just because they are
in a place that accepts pets now, they need to be reminded of the
challenges.

We often get pet owners calling us because they are moving and can't find
another rental that allows animals. I know that sometimes this is just
another
pathetic excuse, but sometimes it's reality.