Old February 25th 04, 05:18 AM
lakinapook

Don't listen to this idiot. You did the right thing, and I have the
greatest admiration for you for not just dumping your cats at the
shelter because it was hard to find a place that would accept them. I
despise people who ditch their pets, pet ownership is a sacred trust,
when you adopt them you are agreeing to care for them for their whole
natural life. It sounds like this guy Bob is the abusive pet owner,
not you. One of my friends had an outdoor cat that disappeared on her
and she was heartbroken. I told her that she would need to keep any
future cats she adopted inside next time, and explained that she
wasn't being cruel in doing so. She sincerely didn't realize that
cats are perfectly content to be indoors, and now she has 4 happy
healthy cats in her house.

If you live in an area where, for whatever reason, you feel unable to
allow a healthy cat its freedom to roam for at least some time each
day (and only you can judge your area) then don't have a cat. To have
a healthy cat, knowing you will keep it in 24/7 marks you are being
cruel, selfish, or both.