Old July 30th 08, 11:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Earthquake in LA!

AZ Nomad wrote:
On 30 Jul 2008 02:06:41 GMT,
wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:

Last year I was sitting at my computer when I felt a brief, but
rather violent quake. I immediately looked it up on the USGS site,
where I was surprised (and a bit embarrassed) to discover that it
was only a 3.2.

I'm surprised you made such a big deal over it. When I lived in
Orange Country, I experienced numerous 4.x quakes with the epicenter
within 2 miles of me.

Well, gee thanks for the sympathy!

My favorite type was when the ground would fall 5-10 feet and then
do nothing else.

The one I was talking about did the opposite: the ground (actually,
the floor, or the chair I was sitting on) suddenly jolted *up*. It
was weird.

Yeah, well when I was a kid, we had to go to the school house in a
richter scale 17.5 quake while the whole town was collapsing, walking
on broken glass with bare feet, uphill both ways in a minus seventy
degree blizzard...

And we liked it just fine!

Tell that to the kids these days and they won't believe ya. ;-)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart