Old February 6th 04, 04:36 AM
Kalyahna

"Sharon Talbert" wrote in message
ashington.edu...

Kal, I hope you stay with this newsgroup and that you never allow your
voice to be stilled. I admire the work of most private shelters and
always will, but I am very sorry the blurry term of "no-kill" was ever
invented. Better for all facilities to agree to "low-kill" (with an
actual definition of the term to work from) and for private and public
shelters to work together toward a common goal: that of educating the
public to spay and neuter and to adopt for life.

Sharon Talbert
Friends of Campus Cats

Thank you, Sharon, for your continued support. Interestingly enough, in
reference to your last comment, on February 21st of this year, we're having
an event called Mardi Paws. This is our first event to focus on cats, and
with our staff vets and volunteer vets (and much, much volunteer
assistance), we're hoping to spay and neuter over 100 cats from outside
sources: breed rescues, other shelters, and low cost assistance program
surgeries. It'll be an exciting day for all of us!