Old December 27th 04, 01:45 AM
GraceCat

bonbon wrote:

I'm proud to be American.

I WAS, until our moronic majority actually ELECTED the
current idiot to the White House for a second term! What's
to be "proud of", now? Does the loss of the Bill of Rights
mean NOTHING to you?

I haven't had to give up my pistol. And I doubt I will the next four years,
George is/was a member of the NRA.

I haven't been arrested for suggesting our president is moronic at times.

I haved had a soldier knocking on my door announcing that my home has been
seized.

I haven't had to sit at the back of the bus.

I haven't had to endure a trial and possible hanging because I'm pagan.

What has upset me about the political debates here and there and everywhere
else is that I've had friends tell me they cannot "in good faith" tolerate a
Bush supporter. That every single person that voted for Bush "needed to be
shot", that they couldn't be friends or even carry on conversations with
people that voted for him. I mourned these people because they're
disregarding several million individuals that are smart and witty and caring
and loving. It was a decision these people made, it may not have been the
best decision, it may have been a vote between bad and worse. Respect was
lost by me for several people. Disagree with my ideas, disapprove of my
decisions but I would like to think you know me well enough to still remain
a friend. Unfortunately many in this country didn't agree.

Grace