Old July 11th 07, 11:10 PM posted to alt.animals.cat,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.misc
William Graham

Default cats and new pet door

"kraut" wrote in message

how about keeping your cat indoors so they do not get hit by cars.

Because they live on a farm where there aren't any cars for miles in any
direction?

What about predastors (Animals) ?!?!?

Well, once I considered checking myself into a padded cell, so I would never
have to worry about being hurt in any way. but then, I was told that someday
I would still die, because my body's ability to renew cells would gradually
go away. So, I decided to take my chances and enjoy what life I had rather
than live a long, miserable life trapped in a padded cell.
The point is that there is a trade off in almost everything in
life.....You can live on the edge of disaster every minute, and probably die
young, or you can live as conservatively as possible and live a long, boring
life. It is impossible to know for sure which lifestyle your cats would
prefer, but since they are not aware that death awaits them eventually, my
guess is that the more freedom they have, the better they are going to like
it. So that's the way my cats live....but, you may decide that your cats are
better off trapped inside the house....And, ultimately, the circumstances
dictate which is better, don't they?....After all, if you live in an
apartment building in downtown NYC, your outside cats probability of
surviving more than an hour or so is pretty bad. But, if you live on a farm,
his probability of living a long, enjoyable life is quite good..........Can
he be eaten by a coyote? - Sure, but that was true long before the first
human being walked on this earth, too....If you are unhappy about things
like that, they consider blaming God.......He made the rules, not