Old July 19th 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default What is wrong with the boys?

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Basho and Issa, that is. I stopped at the market on the way home from work
and noticed they had an "all natural, no nitrites or preservatives" ham on
sale. I thought I'd get a treat for the kids, so I got a few slices of
said natural ham. Rufous almost knocked me over as I was dividing the ham
on the counter among several bowls and Maya would not stop yowling about
the yummyness to come. I put the bowls down and retreated a few feet for
my own safety.
Basho and Issa smelled the ham and proceeded to leave the kitchen. What is
wrong with them? Has anybody ever met a cat that did not like ham?
I think Xoxo didn't eat any either.

Boyfriend won't eat it, in fact he is very suspicious of anything that
smacks of "people food". He prefers everything he eats should come out of a
tin or box with a picture of a cat on it ;-) although recently he has
started to eat prey that he catches if the kitchen door is closed when he
rushes back to the house with it to give it to KFC (like when I am at work)
I used to leave the door ajar 24/7 but am afraid to now in case she wanders
again.
I suspect Boyfie came from a home where he was given kibble exclusively, it
is his preferred food and I don't think he was lost for very long, whereas
Kitty, with her itinerant lifestyle over many years, was very happy to eat
anything any kind neighbour would offer. Left over dinner scraps, potatoes,
brussels sprouts, gravy.
What I am trying to say in a long-winded way ;-) is do you think it makes a
difference about what cats are prepared to eat in the form of people food if
they have fallen on hard times before you got them, or do you think it makes
no difference at all?

Tweed