Old July 25th 08, 03:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Might As Well Talk To The Wall

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Mare" wrote in message
On Jul 25, 8:48 am, "CatNipped"
wrote:
"Mare" wrote in message

I just got done reading Marina's story about Nikki (RIP,
precious
girl) talking to walls (thanks to Flippy). Does anybody know
why
(save for the mothership thing) furkids do that? My little
Princess
Meena talks to the kitchen wall on Sundays only (we're usually
doing
the crossword puzzle at the kitchen table). Sometimes she chats
with
the living room wall, but mostly the kitchen one. We can't help
but
laugh. I think *she* thinks **we're** nuts!

Mare

I think it's the same reaction they have when seeing birds or
squirrels
outside. They're probably hearing something in your walls, a bug
or even
just the insulation settling. Their hearing is phenomenal

Yeah - when they *want* to hear! The Princess can be on one of her
deck "thrones" and when I call and call her, she won't even
acknowledge my presence - won't even look in my direction! Other
times she is *so* affectionate she makes my heart swell. What an
exasperatingly magnificent creature! ?;^)

LOL! What's even more insulting is when they move one of those
"radar dish" ears in your direction then just move it back without
so much as opening an eyelid! ;

Just so you will know for sure you are being ignored. Love that one.

Jo