Old April 14th 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,rec.pets.cats,alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health
William Graham

Default MORE recalls MORE info

"oldhickory" wrote in message
My husband went for cat food tonight and petsmart had cleared the shelves
of all of the NutroMax canned food (which is what we feed our girls). I
checked menufoods.com and it has expanded to more of theirs and some
others, too...

http://www.menufoods.com/recall

--
ie

It seems to me that it would be prudent for everyone to check the labels
of *any* cat food they are using and *not* use anything that contains
wheat gluten. The gluten itself is not harmful, but more and more foods
are being recalled for possible contamination. So far, the common link
seems to be wheat gluten -- and gluten simply is not needed by cats. In
fact, that usually indicates carbs that would be better left off anyway.

MaryL

All of the stuff I have now has, "corn gluten" listed as one of the
ingredients.....I think this is safe because it doesn't come from China.....