Old July 10th 03, 04:16 PM
Nord Stjern

Arjun Ray wrote ...
| What's the minimum time (under these circumstances) that I should keep
| her in recovery? Until she is fully awake, or 24 hours?

I'd say a minimum of 24 hours. Not only does she need to work off the
drugs, the incision needs to start bonding properly.

Well, I had to keep her for 24 hours - she was definitely still too
drugged last night to let her go. I put her back outside this morning,
and a strange thing happened...she wouldn't walk off, but came right
back to rub at my legs. I staid outside for a while and she finally
headed for a house about one block off and just looked at me
inquisitively when she found the door locked. She didn't meow or
anything, just calmly laid down on her side. I didn't have the guts to
knock at 6am in the morning, and I didn't want to leave her on her own
either, so I'm sending my daughter back there later in the morning. My
best guess from this behaviour would be that her kittens are probably
not tiny (otherwise she'd have headed right home and would have put up
resistance to coming back with me?) and are secure inside the house?

Nordstjern