Old September 7th 03, 11:44 PM
cmtowle

"PawsForThought" wrote in message
From: "Gail"

I just know that they back up to a vertical object, lift and twitch their
tails, and spritz some urine marking it. Just like the "big" cats do.
Gail

Thanks, Gail. I'm just wondering anatomically how they do it. Speaking

of big
cats, I remember I was at the zoo one time when a lion back up and sprayed

out
towards the people. He must have sprayed a good 20 feet!

Hi Lauren,

Anatomically, the cat's penis is angled backward, not forward; i.e. it is
pointed toward the tail which also explains why the urine streams downward
or slightly backward when male cats squat to pee.

M.

Lauren
________
See my cats: