Old September 9th 04, 02:40 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Mary" wrote in message
m...

"Cathy Friedmann" wrote in message

But... the digital P&S I bought (Canon PowerShot S410, after reading a

slew
of reviews for 2 weeks) was *already* pricey, IMO. Something better?
Ackkk! (price)

The Canon was my first choice until someone pointed out how user-friendly
the Nikon Coolpix is--it is relatively large and has a good weight in the
hands--
doesn't make me feel I am all thumbs like tiny cameras do. It also has

very
logical
controls. I don't mean compared with the Canon as I have never actually

held
one.
But I do mean that whoever said this about the Coolpix was right. Before I
saw those
comments I had not thought about how important comfort in the hand and

ease
in
use really is. In cameras and vacuume cleaners!

Vacuum cleaners. O-kay... ;-P

Whereas I wanted the camera to be as small & lightweight as possible (IOW
pocket friendly), yet have other features I was looking for - along w/ good
ratings. So some of our criteria were different.

Cathy