Old August 9th 08, 04:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

Default Changing Food

On Aug 9, 8:54*am, "jmcquown" wrote:

Persia's already overweight, hence only getting 1/2 cup total per day. *She
hasn't been free-fed in years.

Come to think of it. C/D was reformulated after Rusty was on that
food. So it may
not as fattening as previously.

She drinks plenty of water *She loves her Drinkwell fountain! *But the
common perception seems to be a combination of wet/dry is best so if I can
get her to eat both it would be ideal.

Rusty may have to go on dry Gastro food becuase of his GI problem.
They haven't
come out with canned Gastro yet. TED put Rusty on a canned only diet
after his
second urinary blockage.
I may have not enforce Rusty's water intake by using giving him water
with a syringe to the mouth. My mom's cat enjoyed that. I am too cheap
to buy a Drinkwell for Rusty. Another option is to mix the dry food
with some water like I am doing with the canned food.

I couldn't lift a 20 lb. bag of food! I ordered the 10 lb. bag for economic
reasons. *Hopefully it will have the same zip-lock seal the 4 lb. bag has.

Jill

They sell all these heavy bags of food and litter for cats. Once I
tossed a 40lb bag
of cat litter onto my shopping cart and dented it. Now I only buy 7kg
jug of cat
litter. They are still heavy to haul around as I don't have a
car. Even a case of 24 cans of food is no lightweight for me to walk
home with.
On the positive side, I am getting some weight bearing exercises
hauling things home
for Rusy.

Winnie