Old August 28th 17, 11:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
John Doe[_2_]

Default Hard-core feral softening up after 10 years

Now she comes to my computer chair freely even when other
cats are not around, for lots of scratching. She is also
freer when I am walking around, she will move away in fits
instead of completely running away. But she still will not
come to me when out of my computer chair.

I expect it will continue to change slowly.

--

I wrote:

Never say never. After 10 long years, my hard-core feral
appears to be softening up to me. Early on, I began singing
(badly) to her because it visibly relaxed her. Over the
last month or so, she has started coming around me while I
am in my computer chair. I can usually gently grab her tail
as she goes by, but even slight petting has occurred.
Amazing. After living with the feral animal for 10 years.
Of course I could be wrong, about a month or two more
should tell.

Something weird... Not sure if I read it in this group or
on the Internet somewhere, but... Someone wrote about their
cat's fur being matted, and I think they said it fell off
in clumps and their cat's disposition changed for the
better. That fur thing happened here recently to the
hard-core feral. There were maybe three or four clumps
total that fell off of her. I was afraid she had some
serious problem, but the fur is growing back. It was matted
hard, clumped. And her mood change corresponds to that. But
after 10 years? LOL

Of course I could never tell much of what was going on with
her since I could not even get close, let alone touch.

Whatever the cause. Yea.