Old August 20th 13, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
chaniarts[_2_]

Default Litter box stuff

On 8/19/2013 6:47 PM, Bill Graham wrote:
buglady wrote:
On 8/19/2013 1:03 PM, Bill Graham wrote:
The only ones I was able to find online are as deep as they are long
and wide. Where can I get them that are shallow enough to expect a
cat to go into them?

.............They're storage boxes. Some are very large with shallow
sides, made to be stuffed under a bed. Check out dollar stores and
discount places.
http://www.sterilite.com/ProductCate...y=17&section=1

buglady
take out the dog before replying

I like that 40 x 20 inch one with the latching cover. (the 67 quart one
for under the bed storage) I think I could get a small air pump or fan
and vent it to the outside through a vacuum cleaner hose or similar duct
pipe. If the air motion was slow enough so it didn't spook the cats.....
I could use a low wattage muffin fan. below 15 watts they are pretty
quiet.....

if you like pushing all your heated/conditioned air outside. sounds like
a large cost. perhaps you can get something that kicks on 60 seconds
after use for a couple of minutes and then shuts off.

friend of mine moved her litter boxes to the garage, cut a hole in the
wall and installed a flap door. the garage had a large doghouse fronted
to the flap door and the doghouse door enlarged to match the flap door,
and the roof lifted off.

this moved the odor and dust out of the house, and the garbage can was
next to the doghouse so it was easy to keep clean. if necessary, the
doghouse can be hosed out as the water drains down the driveway.