Old November 22nd 13, 08:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner[_3_]

Default Question about skin cancer in white cats

On Saturday, October 26, 2013 11:08:17 AM UTC-4, wrote:
My white cat has developed a darkening of her nose (see other post). I'm told white cats are prone to skin cancer.

I never let her outside but she does lay in a sunny window in the morning for hours. The window is a double, with a storm window on the outside. Doesn't that block the dangerous sun rays or could this be the problem?

It could be the beginning of a malignant melanoma, you know...

IBen Getiner