Old July 18th 04, 04:59 AM
jammer

Default Crazy cat fetish?

I have a black cat nearly a year old. He was weaned by his mom befor I
got him, and I always held him while doing things. The past few months
though, he has this weird habit of licking my nose. He won't just lick
once or twice- if I don't stop him, he will almost lick a bloody spot!
He even tries "rooting" my nose- that is, trying to get inside my nose.
Sounds weird, I know. I joke that he is trying to slowly suffocate
me, or "steal my soul through my nose" when talking about it with other
cat owners. No one seems to know why he does it. It is mainly when I
go to bed, as he will get on my chest, grab my face in his paws (and he
still has claws!) to hold me still so he can lick my nose raw.
Anyone have any ideas?

Jammer...
"trying to herd cats is like trying to nail jello to a tree"- anon.