Old June 26th 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

Default Do cats get strep throat?

On Jun 26, 2007, wrote:

Ketzl's Dad wrote:

Sounds like my ex. In the 15 years we were together he was never
sick, until one afternoon he said he started to feel funny. The
next couple of days were tense: he couldn't lie down without
coughing his brains out, and he started sweating profusely.
Finally got him to agree to go to the ... (I was about to say
"vet" :-) local health-stop, where they gave him some antibiotic
or other. He got better a day or two later.

A few days after that, my niece and her husband were visiting. He's
a doctor, and I happened to mention John's recent illness. He
asked me to describe the symptoms and when I did, and he and my
niece looked at each other and said in unison "West Nile Virus!"

Turns out that's what he had. I prolly woulda been dead if it were
me.

I hate to get all geeky on you, but how did antibiotics clear up a
virus??

Or did he get something else (ie, "or other" )?

Joyce

No, that's a good question, and most likely they didn't. The virus just ran
its course.

--
Joey Dee from NYC

Remember: It is To Laugh