Old July 10th 08, 08:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default OT Ping our mexican cooks

Kreisleriana wrote:

Could be. I kept right on eating fresh tomatoes and hadn't got sick-- for
goodness sake, what's the point of summer without fresh pico de gallo and
tomato vinaigrette? So I'll wash that cilantro as well as I can, and--
well, I'll let you all know. :O

I did pretty much the same thing with tomatoes, except that I read a bit
about it first so I'd know which kinds to eat and which kinds to avoid.
All the same, I knew there was still a risk, since nobody knew for sure
where it was coming from. Apparently, they still don't.

In 1982, I had a serious bout of salmonella poisoning and was flat-out
for about 3 weeks. And for several weeks after that, I couldn't get
through a day without needing to take a long nap. After that episode, I
was pretty neurotic about food spoilage for many years. Took me a long
time to get over that anxiety. At this point, I just try to take reasonable
precautions and I hope it doesn't strike me again. I sure wouldn't want
to go through that again.

--
Joyce ^..^